How we use your medical records
Important information for patients
· This practice handles medical records in-line with laws on data protection (GDPR) and confidentiality.
We share medical records with those who are involved in providing you with care and treatment.
· In some circumstances we will also share medical records for medical research, for example to find out more about why people get ill.
· We share information when the law requires us to do so, for example, to prevent infectious diseases from spreading or to check the care being provided to you is safe.
· You have the right to be given a copy of your medical record.
· You have the right to object to your medical records being shared with those who provide you with care.
· You have the right to object to your information being used for medical research and to plan health services.
· You have the right to have any mistakes corrected and to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Please see the practice privacy notice on the website or speak to a member of staff for more information about your rights.
· For more information ask at reception for a leaflet.
Practice Privacy Notice: Coventry Road Practice Privacy Notice v1 0 13 June 2019.docx and for COVID-19: COVID19 Privacy Notice.docx
Patient information leaflet: How we use your information.doc
Your relatives, carers or friends can only be kept up to date with your medical history or treatment if you consent for this to happen. Children under the age of 16 are usually classed as minors and therefore information regarding their care is shared with their parents, unless they are thought to be able to understand their own treatment and condition.